To satisfy 2010 edition of Part L of the Building Regulations Certikin has added XPOOL very high compressive strength, closed cell, 100% recyclable extruded polystyrene (XPS) insulation boards to its range.
XPOOL boards have excellent life-long thermal performance and very low water absorption, allowing them to be installed below the concrete slab or behind retaining walls without the need for a damp proof membrane (DPM). The manufacturer recommends allowing 10% extra material for wastage.
– Very high compressive strength able to withstand long-term static loads
– Excellent life long thermal performance
– Reduces heating bills and keeps the pool warmer for longer
– Very low water absorption (<0.7% after 28 days)
– Environmentally friendly – 100% recyclable
– Code for Sustainable Homes compliant option