Unlike traditional methods that use entrapment, OC-1 works through settlement and harnesses advances in pump technology and variable speed pumps/controllers. The new British manufactured filtration media has some exceptional benefits – by replacing commonly used media (such as sand and glass) with OC-1 it is possible to reduce the head loss in the filtration system; filter with a constant flow (regardless of debris entrapment) and, most remarkably, significantly reduce running energy costs whilst still filtering to the equivalent standard as it can be used with a smaller pump or a variable speed pump or controller.
Why YOU should switch to OC-1
– Reduces energy consumption – OC-1 maintains constant flow rates, even when the media becomes dirty. No downtime is required for heating/salt chlorinators/heat pumps going out on low flow. The constant flow means pumps can be run at lower speeds, thus saving energy.
– Huge capacity for debris collection – OC-1 offers over 20 times the capacity of sand or glass.
– Reduced requirement for backwashing and a more efficient backwash – Reduces water consumption, chemical usage and heating.
– Lightweight – Can even be shipped inside a filter, easy to handle and super quick and easy to install.
– Less Maintenance – lasts longer than sand, reduces pressure in the system, extending the life of equipment.
– Filters to International swimming pool standards.
– Suitable for ALL installations – domestic or commercial, outdoor or indoor, new installations or existing filters.
– Recyclable at end of product life.
– Payback typically 12-18 months.